So I happen to have a particular affinity for all things automotive. Unfortunately, this manifests itself as more of an obsessive/compulsive type of behavior than something simple as in “I like cars!” I have an awful lot of vehicles for someone my age, and not all of them are all that cool. I suppose that really depends on who you are, the coolness factor.
Over the course of the years I have owned many cars. Dating back to 2004, all of my cars started having nicknames. This was a tradition of the shop where the first 240SX got its SR swap – Secret Services (now defunct). I try to keep this practice alive today, but the twist is that all of the nicknames have to have some type of back story or reason. Cars’ pages will have better descriptions of how the nicknames came to be.
The bigger issue, probably, is that I don’t happen to ever get rid of them. Here is the short list, in the best order that I can recall:
- 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0Si (pre-nicknames)
- 1995 Honda Civic CX (pre-nicknames)
- 1992 Nissan 240SX SE (Chicken)
- 2004 Infiniti G35 (Never named)
- 1986 Toyota Soarer (not yet named)
- 1990 Volkswagen Fox (Foxiroku)
- 1993 Nissan 240SX LE (bb)
- 1995 Subaru Outback Wagon (Stickers)
- 1998 Ford E350 Powerstroke (Vin)
- 1989 BMW 318i Sedan (not named)
- 1987 BMW 325i Sedan (Jacky)
- 1993 Lexus SC300 (Damnit!)
- 1993 Mazda Miata (Ellie, technically my wife’s car)
Blue indicates a vehicle that I owned at some point and then later sold.
As you can see, quite the random collection of not so great cars, some awesome cars, and some real turds. But, all mine none-the-less. For more information on any of these vehicles, check their respective pages.